- our home-made greed index (Avindex): we are clearly in the danger zone for stocks and high-yield bonds.
- long term precious metals prices in USD (current or corrected by CPI or M2 values).
- Baltic Dry index, measuring maritime trade. At 707 points it is below the initial value of 1000, more than 30 years ago!
- Japan Consumer Price Index (CPI) - a chart that is not shown very often. The obvious reason is that it invalidates the legend of the "Japanese Deflation" specter heard from many mainstream economists and other spin doctors.
- USD Libor interest rates: they are still very low, but back to end-2009 levels. How high can they
go before it hurts ?
- US trade balance: trade deficit is still pretty large - will president Trump be able to reverse this situation ?
- Western Texas Intermediate (WTI) oil barrel price: until mid-2014 it was stabilizing at ~100, then crashed, and now beginning to stabilize at ~50. What's next ?