AZip is a Zip archive manager.
The latest addition is an archive recompression tool.
|AZip's recompression tool's results - click to enlarge|
- Multi-document (should be familiar to MS Office users)
- Flat view / Tree view
- Simple to use (at least I hope so ;-) )
- Useful tools:
- Text search function through an archive, without having to extract files
- Archive updater
- Integrity check
- Archive recompression (new), using an algorithm-picking approach for improving a zip archive's compression.
- Methods supported: Reduce, Shrink, Implode, Deflate, Deflate64, BZip2, LZMA
- Free, open-source
- Portable (no installation needed, no DLL, no configuration file)
"Under the hood" features:
- AZip is from A to Z in Ada :-)
- Uses the highly portable Zip-Ada library
- Portablity to various platforms: currently it's fully implemented with GWindows (for Windows), and there is a GtkAda draft, but anyway the key parts of the UI and user persistence are generic, platform-independent